- Earn up to 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) – Income Certification required by MassHousing for Total Household Income
- Purchase a single-family home, condominium, or two-family property in Massachusetts
Workforce Advantage includes:
- An affordable, fixed rate MassHousing Mortgage
- A 0% interest rate down payment assistance loan (0% annual percentage rate), on which payment is completely deferred until the earliest of: sale or transfer or your home, payoff or refinance of your first mortgage, OR maturity of the first mortgage, at which time the balance is due in full
- Mortgage Insurance with MI Plus job loss protection, paid by MassHousing
Expanded down payment assistance (DPA) gives Workforce Advantage borrowers more buying power!
- In the City of Boston (including neighborhoods), the 26 Gateway Cities*, Framingham and Randolph, DPA is the lesser of 10% of a home’s purchase price or $50,000
- In the remainder of the Commonwealth, DPA is the lesser of 10% of a home’s purchase price or $30,000
*The Gateway Cities are Attleboro, Barnstable, Brockton, Chelsea, Chicopee, Everett, Fall River, Fitchburg, Haverhill, Holyoke, Lawrence, Leominster, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Methuen, New Bedford, Peabody, Pittsfield, Quincy, Revere, Salem, Springfield, Taunton, Westfield, and Worcester.